Well I’m off for the weekend again and during my three hour drive “there and back again” I’ll end up listening to a great deal of music. This weekend I’m loading the jeep’s CD player with:
- Michael Daugherty’s Metropolis Symphony
- The soundtrack from “Oh Brother, Where art Thou”
- A Smashmouth mix CD
- A mix CD of Patrick Sheridan, tuba soloist extraordinaire
- Liszt’s Totentanz and Piano Concerto’s 1 & 2: Boris Berezovsky, piano
- Appalachian Journey: Yo-Yo Ma, Mark O’Connor, & Edgar Meyer
- A George Carlin and PDQ Bach Mix CD (ya gotta laugh at least once a day)
So what do you listen to during those long drives?
Also, it appears the CSO musicians failed to get enough votes behind their vote of confidence idea, too bad but at least they tried.