I’m looking for a cartoonist somewhere out there who is interested in doing an ongoing project here at Adaptistration. My artistic ability is on par with Harvey Pekar (limited to crude stick figures) so looking for talent elsewhere is the only available option.
- Artistic ability and enjoy drawing cartoons, B/W and color
- You can be a hobbyist, amateur, or professional
- Knowledge of orchestral concert halls and orchestral instruments a must
- Sharp wit and a sense of humor
- Experience drawing cartoons either for fun or profit in political and strip formats
- I can’t give away too many details or it will spoil the surprise, but rest assured it’s not going to be something that will sap away your free time and consume your life, I came up with this concept after watching American Splendor, starring Paul Giamatti
- The strip will utilize a set of regular, reoccurring, and limited use characters
- You’ll have a great deal of personal input, you won’t be limited to a simple “work made for hire” status
- It will be loads of fun
What does it pay?
- Considerably less than not much; you’ll have to want to do it for the truly altruistic reasons, however, if there is money to be made you’ll share equally in what develops
Serious inquires only; to apply, just send in an email. The remaining details will be covered with potential candidates; you may be required to send in a sample of your work so if you have digital copies feel free to send them along with your email message.