The good folks at WNYC’s Soundcheck came up with a great idea for participating in Take a Friend to Orchestra month. From their website today:
May is “Take a Friend to Orchestra Month,” a new initiative started by Drew McManus, author of the blog “Adaptistration” at Artsjournal.com, in order to bring newcomers to the concert hall. In the spirit of the month, Drew has taken host John Schaefer’s brother Jerry to a concert by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Jerry has previously never been to an orchestral concert, busy as he is running a lumber yard in Queens. Today, we get Jerry’s reaction to the experience when both he and Drew join us on the program.
As such, You’ll be able to hear my TAFTO contribution today, live on Soundcheck. It promises to be loads of fun and if you miss the live broadcast, you’ll be able to pull up the recording any time later by visiting the Soundcheck archives.
When & Where
- Monday, May 16th, from 2:00PM – 3:00PM ET.
- WNYC’s Soundcheck hosted by John Schaefer
How can I listen?
- If you’re in the New York City area, turn your radio dial to FM93.9 or AM820.
- If you don’t live in the NYC area, you can still listen to the live program online at WNYC’s website or on XM Radio.
- If you can’t listen to the live broadcast, WNYC will make the entire program available on the Soundcheck archive.