Following up on yesterday’s article, today’s post will provide a direct example for how to design and implement a social networking based project to increase outreach and participation in your organization’s new media activity. Feel free to use any or all of this example in your own efforts. So without further ado, let’s get to business…
Create a Twitter Background For Adaptistration
Since we’re in the midst of several holiday seasons, it would be great to see some holiday inspired fancrafted backgrounds but ultimately, individual creativity reigns supreme. So go nuts and use some variations on the color palette, go with a grunge or neo constructivist theme, whatever you like – just have fun doing it! To that end, here are some guidelines to assist your efforts:
- Contributions should be in jpg or png format.
- Feel free to include some self promotion by signing your backdrop. You may include a link so long as it is to your own professional website, online portfolio, or blog.
- I know it probably doesn’t need to be said, but no profanities or lewd images.
- Send contributions via email to this address.
- You can send in as many contributions as you wish.
- PSD Twitter background template from fuelyourcreativity.com is a fantastic resource.
- This article at SmashingMagazine.com explains the complexities of twitter layout across different screen resolutions.
- Hex: #660000, #CCCC99, #CCCCCC, #333333, #333399
- RGB: 102, 0, 0 | 204, 204, 153 | 204, 204, 204 | 51, 51, 51 | 51, 51, 153
- You can view a handy html version of the color palette here or download the palette in several different formats at: http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/464472/Adaptistration
- body-text: georgia, times, serif
- headlines: ariel, helvetica, sans-serif
- Royal Acidbath, a free font available at www.dafont.com/Rolling-Stone.Font, is necessary to properly reproduce the blog’s title, “Adaptistration.”
- The 3D characters used throughout Adaptistration are licensed images created by graphic artist John Kounadeas. Due to the terms of that license, you may not copy them from the blog for use in this project.
- You are free to use any other images located throughout the blog as you like.
- Download a jpg version (white background) of Adaptistration’s Twitter logo.
- “Adaptistration” typically appears in the deep red color Hex: #660000 | RGB: 102, 0, 0.
- The blog’s official tag line is “Drew McManus on the orchestra business.”
- Adaptistration’s twitter address is http://twitter.com/Adaptistration.
1 thought on “Calling All Creative Types!”