After next week, I’ll be away on a working vacation at the Grand Teton Music Festival and during that time, it’s become a bit of a tradition to feature some guest authors. I have a few lined up already but I want to expand on what we tried last year and offer an open invitation to one or more readers interested in being a guest author…
Guidelines for contributions are pretty straightforward:
- Contributions should be no less than 400 words.
- You need to have a Gravatar (details) and a max 100 word bio ready to go.
- Keep your subject on topic; meaning about the orchestra business (not why you like Mahler or why you think Josh Bell is simply dreamy).
- Your contribution belongs to you; I don’t take ownership of anything. You can reprint it or use elsewhere as desired.
- You have to be willing to interact with any readers who post comments (answer questions, offer feedback, etc. In short, maintain the online conversation).
- Have something ready for publication as early as Monday, August 8, 2011.
Everything else is limited only by your imagination and creativity. Do you have something to get off your chest, recognize a topic that is getting overlooked, or feel like indulging in an Andy Rooney style public rant? Have something to say about Detroit, Louisville, or Philadelphia? Need to tip your hat or wag your finger at a musicians’ issue?
Then this is your chance to have thousands of hungry culture blog consumers gobble up your every word.
Send me a note with your idea and we’ll see where it goes.Submit Your Idea