Among the long running blogs at Inside The Arts, Neo Classical is one of the eldest and today marks the blog’s 11th anniversary. Founded in 2004, Neo Classical’s current author, Chattanooga Symphony Concertmaster Holly Mulcahy, took over in 2007 and since then has published more than 100 articles about the future of classical music.
Although it has always been a popular culture blog destination, 2014/15 has been the blog’s break out year with a nearly 400 percent increase in readership. On peak days, it generates over 15,000 hits, hundreds of social shares, and dozens of comments.
In order to help celebrate, we put together an updated logo and spruced up some styling. Given how popular the blog has become, it’s familiar to you already but in case it’ new, take a look at some of its more popular posts:
- Why Is The Timpani Player Smelling His Drums and seven other awesome questions from the audience
- When To Clap At The Symphony: A Guideline
- What To Wear To The Symphony
- Happiness Quantified, Humanist Qualified
- How to Alienate Your Audiences: 2013
- A Journey Of Legacy, Appreciation, and Heart
- Imaginary Program Notes: What We Can Learn From Children