The 2016 Orchestra Compensation Reports were a big hit but what if you’re looking for compensation data outside of executives, music directors, and concertmasters? Fortunately, you have some options to consider and I published an article at ArtsHacker.com that explore several free and paid sources.
- New York Times: How Jaap van Zweden Became America’s Best-Paid Conductor in 2013
- Dallas Morning News: Holy cow! Jaap van Zweden was one well-paid dude at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- BrianWise.net: Music Director Salaries on the Upswing
- Slippedisc.com: Official: The new Big Five
- Slippedisc.com: So what do concertmasters make? A bit less than they used to…
- Slippedisc.com: Who’d pay a maestro a loyalty bonus?
- Slippedisc.com: The most expensive batons in America
- Slippedisc.com: What US orch chiefs are paid (and it’s less than you thought)
- Musical America (membership required): Music Director Salaries and the Jaap Flap
And don’t forget to check out Looking For Some Nonprofit Compensation Resources?Read the article at ArtsHacker.com