The Vax Policy Database has been gathering data since August 20, 2021 and it’s been adding new records daily. Over the holiday weekend, I added additional view to the database making it easier to see exactly which organizations require all stakeholders to be vaccinated, which provide all stakeholders except ticket buyers, which only require artist employees and staff, and the sliver that have a defined “no required vaccination” policy.
At the time this article was written, there were 182 organizations listed across the following sectors:
- 68 orchestras (+16)
- 27 opera and chorus (+6)
- 57 performing arts centers (+13)
- 16 dance companies (+1)
- 14 theatres (+3)
Of those groups, the lion’s share of organizations still requires all four stakeholder groups to be fully vaccinated:
- 62.22 percent require ticket buyers, artist employees, staff, and guest artists be fully vaccinated.
- 18.33 percent require all stakeholders except ticket buyers to be fully vaccinated.
- 4.44 percent only require artist employees and staff to be fully vaccinated.
- Only 2.78 percent have a formal no vaccination requirement policy.
A big THANK YOU to all the groups that have submitted your policies to date and I’m looking forward to seeing more arrive. And an extra shout out to those who have taken the time express appreciation for the effort on social media. Hearing about how much the database helps is not just gratifying but I know it encourages other executives and board members to embrace comprehensive and effective vaccination policies that require each stakeholder group to participate.
Submit Your Group’s Policy Today