There’s been some intriguing follow-up action around the blog-o-sphere following this year’s TAFTO initiative…
- TAFTO 2006 contributor Brian Sacawa published an engaging exchange between himself and a TAFTO reader at his blog Sounds Like Now.
- Patty Mitchell, one of the TAFTO 2005 contributors & author of www.oboeinsight.com, weighed in on the 2006 initiative the other day where she examines her own response“that I found puzzling, frustrating, interesting and, finally, meh”
- Lisa Hirsch, another TAFTO 2005 contributor & author of the Iron Tongue of Midnight, was struck by Alex Shapiro’s 2006 contribution.
- DCist.com, a blog specializing in cultural happenings in my old stomping grounds of DC-Baltimore, is reminding readers that this is the last week to partake in TAFTO goodness.
- Scott Spiegelberg, asst. professor of music at DePauw University, examines the issues involved with just how much music you can stuff into an orchestra newbie.
- Dr. Dick, WITF FM 89.5 Music Director, has quite a bit to say about Joe Patti’s 2-part TAFTO contribution (which are becoming known as the “Patti Papers” throughout the island of Oahu).</blockquote>
It’s quite likely there’s more going on out there than what’s listed above and I apologize in advance for inadvertently leaving anyone out. In the end, I think TAFTO 2006 was another big success and the wheels are already in motion for securing contributors for TAFTO 2007.