I had the pleasure of talking to WWFM’s Rachel Katz for her program, A Tempo about the sensitive topic of sexual abuse and misconduct. Kudos to Katz and WWFM for tackling such a difficult subject.
We talk about how nonprofit performing arts organizations should be responding to allegations and helping to make their environments safer for all artists.
- Board member responsibilities on institutional accountability.
- Institution vs. individual responsibility.
- Is it possible for The Met manage to emerge from this PR crisis with its reputation in tact.
- Is there an ethical/morale stigma an artist or institution can’t shake (I particularly enjoyed discussing that topic).
- What arts organizations should be doing (or perhaps required by the Federal government if they can’t get their act together).
In short, we’re facing a time of reckoning and there are chickens aplenty coming home to roost.
You can listen to the program via WWFM’s streaming library.LISTEN TO THE PROGRAM