Well I’ve been overwhelmed with getting some work done on my taxes (the really bad part of being self employed you know what I mean if you’re self employed too), so I haven’t had as much time to spend on the blog. But what I will do is take this opportunity to share some of my favorite quotes that sum up a great deal of my philosophy about this business and life in general:
- I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done. Henry Ford
- All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure. Mark Twain
- Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. – Chinese proverb
- Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them. – Albert Einstein
- Whoever wills the end, wills also the means. Immanuel Kant
- Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin
- The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Benjamin Franklin
- A man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for? Robert Browning
- He who fails has no friends. Turkish proverb
- You must attack the laziness, weakness, and complacency of your peers and lead by example. Richard Marcinko
- How soon “not now” becomes “never”. – Martin Luther
Maybe I’ll sit down one day and write a blog about how each one of these quotes should be applied to this industry, or give examples of how some currently are. But first, I have to pay Uncle Sam his due.
What are your favorite quotes? Write an email and tell me which ones and why.
And stay tuned, there are some good articles blowing in the wind…