It’s official: I have a new opening for a UX/UI Front-End Designer (React/AWS) for a 3-4 month contract position with optional path toward exempt employee status.
The position is 100% remote, flexible hours (although candidates must be available during regular US business hours), and compensation is $40-$70 per hour (full job description).
Vision & Culture
Do you want to use your coding skills to revolutionize an entire industry? Do you prefer to work with others who listen to understand and aren’t just waiting to reply?
Venture Industries Online (“Venture”) is a leading website developer in the arts and culture sector and we’re in the final phase of developing a game changing CRM and ticketing platform using React and AWS.
For this role you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and contribute from end-to-end. From research and brainstorming to creating design briefs, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, final designs, and beyond. There’s no death-by-committee here, you will have a role in every step of the design process.
The design tasks are clearly defined, and the overall approach isn’t something a candidate will have to figure out from scratch. It’s really the best scenario in that the parameters are clear but there’s a great deal of room to push creativity boundaries.
What You’ll Be Doing
We are looking for a UX/UI front-end designer looking for an opportunity to solve responsive design-oriented challenges for both reserved seating and general admission event ticketing. We want someone who’s passionate about creating an online ticket purchasing experience that users love interacting with and engineers love maintaining. You should love clean intuitive interfaces and be excited about reusable, modular, efficient code. You’ll be working with a small, highly focused team that includes the CEO, Principal Software Engineer, and Software Engineer.
- Generate clean, efficient, modular, and maintainable code in source control, we use Git on Bitbucket.
- Use Git branches effectively for multi-developer progress.
- Commit code frequently with descriptive merge messages and document changes between versions.
- Audit existing UX/UI codebase for performance enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with product/backend teams across Slack, Jira, and Zoom.
- Responsible thorough testing of output in all supported browsers and devices.
- Assist with refining design standards and integrity throughout product interfaces.
- Give directed technical feedback about pros and cons of feature plans rather than blindly just doing whatever gets assigned.
- Bonus Points: experience with or understanding of nonprofit performing arts sector and designing reserved seat UI in a responsive environment.
- Implementing UI using the React Material UI framework, both components and styling.
- Writing Lambda functions in NodeJS.
- Creating complete user flows.
- Experience with journey mapping, usability testing, and visual communication.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Understands modern web standards and modular patterns.
- Experience with data driven dashboards a plus.
- Experience developing responsive, single page, event driven web applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing/implementing CSS animations driven by window events and user interactions.
- Redux & React Context API as State Manager.
- Good grasp of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Knowledgeable in performance optimization techniques.
- A sense of pride in building clean UIs that users enjoy interacting with and engineers enjoy maintaining.
- Converting Sketch component libraries to Adobe XD when required.
- Native/bilingual or fluent in English.
- Available during regular North American time zone work hours.
- AWS Lambda, Serverless, AppSync, Amplify, S3
- React, TypeScript, Material UI
- Adobe XD and Sketch
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines, or the ability to quickly learn and integrate, with practical accessibility testing experience.
- All tasks will need to be completed and delivered by no later than August 15, 2021.