As the old adage goes, “everyone has their price” and thanks to a pointer from Joe Patti (a.k.a Butts In The Seats blogmaster), blogs are no exception. In fact, the folks over at the Business Opportunities Weblog Network have an applet they say will tell you exactly how much they think your blog is worth…
Personally, I’m not entirely sold on the parameters they use to estimate a blog’s worth but then again it is still fun to have some validation (even the unverified kind). According to the Business Opportunities Weblog Network, their applet computes and displays a blog’s worth using the same link to dollar ratio as the AOL-Weblogs Inc deal (more details here).
As such, I took five minutes to punch in some blogs that were at the top of my head to find out just how much the Business Opportunities Weblog Network estimates their value and here’s what I found out:
- http://www.artsjournal..com/aboutlastnight = $215,654.28
- http://www.therestisnoise.com = $211,702.50
- http://www.sequenza21.com = $122,505.18
- http://www.ionarts.blogspot.com = $81,858.30
- http://www.artsjournal.com/postclassic = $72,825.66
- http://www.artsjournal.com/artfulmanager = $57,018.54
- http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides = $45,163.20
- http://www.artsjournal.com/adaptistration = $ 42,905.04*
- http://www.jasonheath.blogspot.com = $37,259.64
- http://www.deceptivelysimple.typepad.com = $34,436.94
- http://www.oboeinsight.com = $38,388.72
- http://www.irontongue.blogspot.com = $33,307.86
- http://www.artsjournal.com/herman = $22,581.60
- http://www.chicagoclassicalmusic.org = $22,017.06
- http://www.buttsseats.com = $12,984.42
- http://www.artsjournal.com/riley = $10,726.26
- http://www.briansacawa.com/blog = $7,903.56
- http://www.slso.org/blog = $4,516.32
- http://csobassblog.blogspot.com = $564.54
All fun and games aside, something is only worth as much as people will pay for it (or in this business, how much they are willing to subsidize it, fund it, and contribute to it). So if anyone would like to pony up $50,000 for this blog, feel free to send me an email. In the meantime, I’ll just keep posting.
*41,211.42 for artsjournal.com/adaptistration and $1,693.62 for adaptistration.com, which redirects to the former URL.