Shop Talk is officially up and running and our very first episode for Season 1 focuses on meaningful ways to reach diverse audiences.
This episode’s guests include Ann Marie Sorrell, President/CEO at The Mosaic Group, a Full Service Public Relations, Marketing, Events Management, and Government Relations Firm; and Ceci Dadisman, an arts marketer with more than 15 years in the field working with organizations of all sizes and disciplines.
We took a deep dive into a program Ann Marie and Ceci worked on that exemplifies successful engagement programs designed to increase African American attendance at performances, community outreach, and education events.
Be sure to check back in later this week for the bonus content mentioned at the end of the show. I haven’t decided exactly where that’s going yet but it will absolutely go up before the end of the week.
Ann Marie Sorrell is an award-winning business leader and the President & CEO of The Mosaic Group, an award-winning public relations, marketing, and government relations firm serving clients throughout the United States and Caribbean. Ann Marie oversees the day-to-day operations, serves as Project Manager for most of the firm’s projects, and has managed more than 500 campaigns and projects ranging from $10,000 to $3 billion. Clients include AECOM, Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation, City of West Palm Beach, Broward Health, Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, Hallandale Beach Community Redevelopment Agency, Broward College, and the Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale to name a few. Ann Marie is the author of Chronicles of a Serial Dater, a journey through the good, bad, funny – and steamy – of dating and relationships told through short stories.
She holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Care Management from Florida A&M University. She is a Charter Member of the South Florida Business Journal Leadership Trust, and a member of Leadership Palm Beach County, Leadership Florida, Economic Forum, the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition’s Florida Advisory Committee, National Association of Black Women in Construction, Urban League Young Professionals of Palm Beach County and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Ann Marie is a subject matter expert and guru in the field of Marketing and has developed The Marketing MashUp which includes trainings, seminars, webinars, and a book series (will be released in Winter 2020).
Comments (powered by Facebook)
Ceci Dadisman is a marketing professional with more than 15 years of experience creating effective communications campaigns utilizing innovative, forward thinking methods. She is nationally recognized as a leader in digital marketing and specializes in multichannel communications campaigns.
A frequent public speaker, Ceci’s recent and upcoming engagements feature national conference appearances at NTEN, Museums and the Web, National Arts Marketing Project, Arts Midwest, American Alliance of Museums, OPERA America, Midwest Museums Association, and Chorus America in addition to many other local and regional events. Known for her easy-going and vernacular style, she creates open learning environments with an emphasis on information sharing and useful takeaways.
Ceci is passionate about empowering people through marketing and is a senior contributor to Arts Hacker where she regularly shares timely information and step-by-step tutorials. She also teaches the arts marketing course at West Virginia University’s College of Creative Arts and is the Dean of Chorus America’s Chorus Management Institute.
A chronic early-adopter, Ceci has a passion for discovering ways that technology can be used to create more engaging experiences. The Curated Arts Experience focuses on collecting real-world case studies about how organizations around the world are using technology to engage the participant or enrich the experience at an arts event.
She is on the National Arts Marketing Project Advisory Committee, the Museums and the Web (MW20) Conference Planning Committee, and has served on the Arts Midwest Conference Professional Development Committee and the NTEN Conference Session Advisory Committee. She also served for many years as the OPERA America Marketing Network Chair and currently sits on the West Virginia University College of Creative Arts Visiting Committee.
Ceci was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA and graduated from West Virginia University’s College of Creative Arts. She currently lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
Comments (powered by Facebook)
About Shop Talk
The official podcast of Adaptistration.com, Shop Talk invites captivating guests to talk about engaging topics connected to the orchestra business.
Publication Schedule (subject to change #obvs)
- E01: Reaching Diverse Audiences Through The Marcom Lens, Ann Marie Sorrell and Ceci Dadisman 08/18/2020
- E02: Art Has Always Been Political, Weston Sprott and Jason Haaheim 09/01/2020
- E03: Deconstructing Silos, Anwar Nasir and Scott Harrison 09/15/2020
- E04: Fostering BIPOC And Women Composers, Anne M. Guzzo, Daniel Hege, and Holly Mulcahy 09/29/2020
- E05: What Orchestras Administrators Really Need, Zak Vassar and Jeff Vom Saal 10/13/2020
- E06: The Need For Expertise, Mark Almond and Jason Haaheim 10/27/2020
- E07: Changing Your Narrative, Mark Larson and Scott Silberstein 11/10/2020
- E08: Centering Equity, Ruby Lopez Harper and Brea M. Heidelberg 11/17/2020
- E09: How to Create High-Quality Video Content, Bruce Kiesling and Niccolo Go 12/08/2020
- E10: Walking Back Artistic Elitism, Kenji Bunch and Jenny Bilfield 12/22/2020
- E11: Being A Content Creator Before It Was Cool, Jeff Curnow 01/05/2021
- E12: The Commercial Life, Ceci Dadisman and Marc van Bree 01/19/2021
- E13: Composers In Academia, David MacDonald and Sam Merciers 2/2/2021
- E14: Musician Injuries Could Soar After COVID: Artistic Decision Makers Perspective, Jennifer Arnold and Tito Muñoz 3/9/2021
- E15: Musician Injuries Could Soar After COVID: Musician Perspective, Jon Bowen, Catherine Chen, and Yumi Hwang-Williams 3/23/2021
- E16: Academia/Pro Divide: Eric Esparza and Michael Lewanski